Why Some People Prefer Home Treatments For Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are a common problem faced by many men and women. Numerous Americans every year suffer from hemorrhoids, and therefore many look for the best hemorrhoid home treatment available. This saves the possible embarrassment associated with going to the doctor’s office or to the pharmacy to pick up some hemorrhoid treatment, either over the counter or prescription based. Some people also feel that if a natural alternative is available, it is to be preferred over a drug.
Many individuals refuse to use pain relief medications and topical hemorrhoids ointments and creams because they only offer temporary relief. These items do not target the main cause of hemorrhoids. Likewise, while surgical procedures remove current hemorrhoids, they do not stop the growth of new hemorrhoids.
A majority of the causes of hemorrhoids require individuals give personal attention in a more natural way. Although the medical field has evolved in the last few years, even a number of medical experts recommend home treatments for hemorrhoids before talking about other treatment options. Most medical professionals want people to overcome hemorrhoids in a more natural way, without resorting to ointments, creams and various surgical (invasive and non-invasive) measures.
Most home remedies are natural. There are no chemicals or synthetic items used. They tend to correct the primary cause of hemorrhoids without causing the individual to experience any side effects.
Hemorrhoid Home Treatment Are Less Expensive
Hemorrhoid home treatments are also a lot less expensive than over the counter and prescription based medications as well as surgical options. There is no need to get insurance involved or pay co-pays with a home treatment for hemorrhoids. And most of the items on the list are very attainable. They can be found in just about every grocery store or pharmacy. There is no need to order it specially or have to travel far distances to find what is needed. It is all readily accessible. In fact, most items individuals already have available to them in their homes.
Primary Causes of Hemorrhoids
The main causes of hemorrhoids include:
• Improper bowel movements
• Improper diet
• Poor hydration
• Strain on the body from heavy lifting
Most Popular Home Treatments for Hemorrhoids
Here are just a few of the hemorrhoid home treatments often used by many men and women:
– Aloe vera has been proven to be a very effective home treatment for hemorrhoids. Available in just about any pharmacy, aloe vera needs to be directly applied to the hemorrhoid. This prevents the need to scratch the hemorrhoids and gets rid of all burning sensations associated with the hemorrhoid.
– Take some myrrh and mix it with a bit of water and apply a generous amount to the area with the hemorrhoids. It is a very effective way to alleviate the swelling and inflammation caused by hemorrhoids. Because the swelling and inflammation goes down, pain should decrease as well.
– Many people use yarrow tea to treat circulatory disorders, however it has been found to be quite effective in the treatment of hemorrhoids. Individuals should brew a cup of tea and let it concentrate by leaving it alone for approximately a half an hour or so. When the mixture becomes very strong, apply it to the infected area with a pipette dropper or a cotton wood. The access can be saved to be used throughout the rest of the day and into the next.
– Witch hazel is utilized in the same way as the yarrow tea. It assists in reducing the size of the protruding hemorrhoidal veins. Apply the witch hazel about three of four times a day to get positive results.
– Place a few cloves of garlic into a pot of water and put it on the stove. Once the water is boiling, remove it from the stove and save the drained water, telling it cool off until it is warm. Then, use the water to perform an enema in the rectum. Do this procedure once a day with about four fluid ounces.
Aside from all the previous mentioned hemorrhoid home treatments, one of the most important things to remember is that the whole anus needs to remain clean and sanitary. This means cleaning it regularly in a bath every four to six hours. As well, do not use regular toilet paper but invest in moist towelettes, like baby wipes – just ensure they are perfume and alcohol-free.
A warm water sitz bath is the best way to expose the anus and keep it clean. After the bath, apply an ice pack to the affected area. By repeating this combination a number of times each day, the veins in the area will expand and contract, improving the circulation on blood and eliminating the hemorrhoids.
Poor Diets and Hemorrhoids
One final hemorrhoid home treatment is possibly the most important in terms of long term health and wellness – changing one’s diet. The right diet is the best option when it comes to an effective hemorrhoid home treatment. Poor diets that are rich in processed, synthetic foods can cause harm to the body. Hemorrhoids only occur if a person has had a poor diet for a very long time. While a healthy diet will not cure a person of hemorrhoids overnight, with patience it does work.
Individuals with hemorrhoids should invest in a diet that is rich in fiber, including large amounts of vegetables and fruits. Also, drink a lot of water. It will keep the stool soft during bowel movements and prevent the onset of constipation. However, hemorrhoids aside, these are two tips that people should follow in general to lead a happy, healthy lifestyle.
Along with diet and fluid intake, individuals should also get involved with physical exercise. It helps ensure blood flows throughout the entire body, including any swollen hemorrhoidal veins. If blood circulation is good, it means that healing will be better and quicker.
If the person is not suffering from bleeding or thrombosed hemorrhoids, these hemorrhoids home treatments should provide beneficial results. However, it is good to keep in mind that most home treatments for hemorrhoids will not provide instantaneous results like some over the counter and prescription-based medications.
How to Cure Hemorrhoids Video : Natural Treatments for Hemorrhoids